[TEST] Sky Country Hysper-2 4m²

Ici on parle des ailes à caissons

Modérateurs : boZZo, stef

stevet2501

Re: [TEST] Sky Country Hysper-2 4m²

Message par stevet2501 » lun. 25 juil. 2022 21:34

First off, huge apologies to Bozzo. He very kindly sold me his Hysper 4 in December, and a condition was that I write a review for Lesfoilz. I imagine he had given up on me.....but the truth is I lost my sense of balance for several months.....it has not been possible to surf, ride a bike etc. Luckily things are getting back to normal and I have now had some fantastic sessions on this, my new favourite kite. Second...apologies for writing so very much english,,,,,,its all i know ;)

By strange circumstance i had also ordered a Hysper 8 direct from Dymytro at Skycountry in Ukraine ….I ordered in Nov, and as the terrible events of february unfolded I assumed that I would never see that kite....but to my great surprise and with huge conflicting emotions it arrived in mid February......just as Kharkhiv was undergoing the devastating assault from Putin. Unbelievable.... huge thanks to Dymytro and Skycountry ….and as you can imagine I frequently wonder about the destinies of those who so skilfully produced my kites. Suffice to say that the comments here will also be about the 8......which is my second favourite kite of the moment (small kites are always the best.....i`m only 65kg)

A little history about my reference points. I have been kitefoiling for about 4 years. Began with BRM C2 Clouds strutless, then a quiver of Storm Voyager 2`s, then a quiver of self made strutless kites (thanks so much to Karsten at Wingworks for the plans), then after discovering the wonderful experimenters on this forum I have loved a Concept Wave 4.5, Peak 4 3 and 5, and a Firefly 6. I ride a home-made 105 pocket board on 93cm Moses Fluente mast, 633 wing, 483 stab......i enjoy wiggling around on small waves and swell...probably riding pretty slowly most of the time😊. I thought you might appreciate a comparison of the aspect ratio of my quiver which is interesting …...l to r ….Hysper 8, FF6, Peak4 5, CA Wave 4.5, Hysper 4, Peak 4 3.
IMG_1135.jpg
The hyspers are built very light indeed. The spinnaker material is very `matt`….does not bead water as one might expect with a new kite....i don’t know if this matters....i read that regis-de-giens applied a water repellent coat...is this a good thing to do...it would be interesting to hear what Skycountry say (Eric?). The bridle lines are very thin indeed....do not let them come anywhere near dried seaweed on the strandline as they act like a magnet to tangle with the weed. Generally very well put together.....time will tell how durable they are.

So far I have only flown the Hyspers on a 50cm bar on 23m lines. I have only hot launched them dead downwind...they fill and power up very quickly indeed. They are very very responsive , the 4 in particular is like a crazy little insect that you can put all over the sky. The feel on the bar is very direct. They seem very accepting of clumsy input and the the sheeting range is quite short....so once you have a feel for it you can fly with gentle variable inputs or use a more on/off style. Their feel is more akin to the Peaks than the Wave/FF......i would say the Hysper 4 is quite similar to the 3m Peak, whilst the Hysper 8 performs with a suprising agility close to that of the Peak 5m. The 4 is very easy to backstall and spin on the spot.....it is a crazy throwaround toy that just inspires confidence. I generally enjoy usng kites from their low to mid range.....so the 4 works for best me from 12 to maybe 18kts, the 8 amazes in being a lot of fun from 5 to maybe 12 knts. I cannot imagine that a bigger Hysper would bring much benefit for me. They do crossover in wind range…...just....I think I will have to investigate the possibility of a 6! At my local spot there are a couple of wind directions which are very gusty and I had adopted wingboarding as a more satisfying alternative in these conditions....the Hysper 4 makes gusty conditions enjoyable …..you can work it through the lulls and it copes with gusts very well. Both kites can turn on their own axis with no power, or to get up and going you can describe a big wide arc which develops a decent amount of pull.

Did I mention the phenomenal drift of these kites?.....all the kites in my little quiver have great drift compared to more conventional kites but I think the Hyspers are the best yet.....today I was in 4 foot swell in dead onshore winds and I could park the kite at 12 and truly ride the rollers in to the beach with no pull from the kite....so much fun!

A complaint levelled at single skin and strutless kites is canopy flutter....this is only ever a problem for me if you sheet out too much and don’t keep the requisite amount of back line tension, or if the kite is pushed above its happy operating window. The Hyspers behave very well with minimum flutter.

So in conclusion....and I know there will always a bit of new kite bias.....I am absolutely thrilled with my Hyspers....they are adding a whole new element of fun to my foiling.....thanks to Bozzo and thanks so much to the folk at Skycountry. Brilliant. :-D :) :o

eric

Message par eric » mar. 26 juil. 2022 06:59

It was worth waiting for your rewiew Steve! ;-)
Thank you very much, as you can imagine, I enjoyed reading you.

Concerning the spinnaker, it's a French Porcher spinnaker, just like the spinnaker Benoit Tremblay uses for his Wave and probably FF. So they should be comparable. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to use a water repellent coating.

We coated an Ozone R1 V2 with silicone. After complete drying, 12 hours, it's amazing :a new kite. More crispy than the original one.
Thank you Régis for your advice, we proceeded like you, by rolling the kite.
sincerly eric
Sky Country Kites - F-one Wing -F-one Phantom - Rocket 5'5 & 5'4- Pocket

regis-de-giens

Message par regis-de-giens » mar. 26 juil. 2022 11:27

De rien Eric, je t ai juste transmis le resultat de mes lectures sur le revêtement silicone.

Celui que j ai fait sur la hysper est un nikwax, moins etanche mais plus deperlant. Ce n est pas la meme "fonction" que recupeter un spi poreux. L idee sur les hyspers est que l eau gisse sur le spi.
60kg, Kestrel 21UL / 18UL / 15 / 8, Gin spirit 15, Elf Joker 11 (A vendre), Hawk 5m , Hybrid 2.5 // OR Flite 17 Alula / 14.5 (A vendre) / 10 ; Crave 12m ; Solo 6.5m, Pivot 8m, One 9m ( A vendre), DNA 3m , Pansh Adam 5.5 B/C
Foil Ketos, TBK Mana

eric38000

Message par eric38000 » mar. 26 juil. 2022 12:30

hello
great review steve
I am also a proud owner or the 8 and 6 .
This spring and summer they have been my favorite kite let say 90% of my cessions.
I completely agree with your review . The drift is key when you learn the jibe ;^))

a good point is also the tiny packing size and so low weight.
my bar is heavier than the wing itself. And when I take my 10 meter strutless it seems so heavy ...

For me the 6 and 8 are perfect from 7 kts to 20 kts above I go back to a lei 5 meter for handling gusts and rough conditions.

My relaunch experience was average .
On stable condition like we enjoy in lake serre poncon I always succeed to relauch .
On lake monteynard where the wind is more gusty due to tree on the side the kite will fold and the lines are often tangles .
In this case packing the kite is the best option for me. just rolling around the bar and ready for my swimming exercise.

The only drawback I experience is the top speed I can reach is around 35 km/h so 19 kts but I don't know yet it it is the wing the foil or the driver ;^)).

cheers
Eric
Ketos 1200 rfx92 hawk 10 fs 5.5 3.5 kestrel 8

stevet2501

Message par stevet2501 » sam. 30 juil. 2022 14:04

Thank you to all the erics for your kind comments and info :-D

thanks too to eric and regis-de-giens for sharing knowledge of the spinnaker cloth....I will do some careful experimenting

eric38000....I can feel we share the love :oops: I completely agree about the enjoyment of minimalism....ambling down the beach with only a pocket handkerchief under my arm still confounds my beach pals.

i have only had to relaunch so far when dropping the kite on purpose to see if they relaunch....even in gusty winds they seem to recover well.

Above 18 knots i use my wave 4.5 which is a very different kite, but does not seem to have a limit in the top end

They do fly quite far forward in the window so are good upwind, friendly to jibe, and still seem to have a good bit of lift to tack, (even though my skills dont allow me to succeed at this consistently, i think the amount of lift available will help me improve)

Bozzo....are you ready to sell your 6 to me yet? :mrgreen:

thanks

boZZo

Message par boZZo » sam. 30 juil. 2022 22:35

Je sors de l'eau..1h30 de grand bonheur dans les vagues en Hysper 6!
Je garde!:) Impossible de la vendre, sorry mister.
Alma 3/4/8 - Wave 3 - Drifter 4/6
Sk8 950 - Marc'S Board - Chili Pepper

stevet2501

Message par stevet2501 » dim. 31 juil. 2022 11:02

glad you are still loving it bozzo :-D

boZZo

Message par boZZo » dim. 31 juil. 2022 11:58

C'est 1 très bon choix!
Reste a essayer la FF6 v3, le challenger:)
Hier balade et vagues, de la polyvalence, accompagnée de retours sonores en plage haute lorsque c'est monté au large.
J'ai eu 30min dans les vagues, dans la bonne plage...une merveille.
La FF4 aura 1 sweet spot plus étendu.

boZZo

Message par boZZo » lun. 1 août 2022 20:23

Steve, tu pourrais prendre une Hysper 8 qui complèterait peut-être mieux ta 4.
J'avais trouvé les plages de la 4 et de la 6 trop proches en foil.
Les copain, voys confirmez?

eric38000

Message par eric38000 » lun. 1 août 2022 21:24

Alors 4 6 je peux pas dire mais 6 8 c'est tres bien
Aujourd'hui moyenne entre 10 et 16 noeuds claques a 20
Strufless 10 puis hysper 8 . Tres confort en hysper j'ai fait 25 km lignes courtes 18m

Samedi 15 20 avec claques a 28 tout en 6 .j'aurai ete mieux en 4 mais pas sur dans les molles.
La 6 a un super shoot quand on la lance bien plus que la 8 qui est plus sage. 24 m de lignes.

D'ailleurs j'ai bache 3 fois .2 redecollages en marche arriere. Et 1 redecollage ou j'etais tellement occupe a recuperer le foil qui se barrait plein pot que j'ai rien vu . Depart pleine fenetre a donf 😅

.j'ai craque et change de foil le precedent tirait trop d'eau. Avec la 8 je suis monte direct a 37 km h mon record. Avant je plafonnais a 30.

Pour dire que ca avance pas si mal une hysper . Bon bien toilé aussi 😁

Bref que du bon a voir la tenue dans le temps.

Ha oui un truc de plus je demele maintenant mes lignes par le bord d'attaque et ca va beaucoup plus vite que par le bord de fuite. Ca vous le fait aussi ?

Cordialement
Eric
Ketos 1200 rfx92 hawk 10 fs 5.5 3.5 kestrel 8

Répondre